•I'm offering a new writing workshop, with UNC Hospitals Bereavement Support Services, Writing and Healing for Caregivers, beginning on Wednesday, April 10 from 12-1:00 in the UNC Hospitals Main Chapel. This group will meet every Wednesday and is open to family caregivers and staff. It's a time to reflect through writing and to relieve stress. No writing experience necessary. For more information, contact Heidi Gessner: HGessner@unch.unc.edu
• Mark your calendars: second day-long symposium will be in the Triangle area on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, in Durham, NC http://www.stpauls-lutheran.com/
• Meeting with the ongoing writing group my book is based on. The book is Farther Along: The Writing Journey of 13 Bereaved Mothers. Visit us on Facebook under "Farther Along . . ." See our blog. Farther Along.
• Continuing to meet monthly with a group of bereaved mothers here in Chapel Hill.
• Heading back to Boston for the publication of a book I've edited with a long-term client on a history of his family's midwestern farm, homesteaded by forebears in the 1870s. (More soon!) We've started a new book project and are excited about that.
• Looking forward to summer camp with the WriteGirls in Tennessee, July 2013
• Enjoying my ongoing writing workshops--the fabulous students and their amazing stories. Spring workshops start on Tuesday, March 26.
For updates about other workshops and activities in the coming months, be sure to join my mailing list.